Tuesday, January 5, 2010

To Do In 2010

My Better Late Than Never Resolutions For 2010

1. Take A Trip. On my list are India, North Africa and Argentina. I am going to make one of these happen this year, somehow, between the car payments and student loans. I just have to eliminate some stuff, right? Starbucks, Sunday brunches, injectibles...

2. Write Something. A novel, short story, try to do free lance, I don't know. Something though, start to end. I have a tendency to walk away from creative projects when I get frustrated, promising myself I'll return to them later. It's a bad habit, evidenced by my collection of half-finished oil paintings.

3. Surf. An obsession of mine since 15, I used to go regularly. Haven't caught a wave since 2004, when there were several great white sightings at San Onofre, my favorite spot. Now who wants to join me? Anywhere but Malibu and Dana Point.

4. Read Moby Dick. It just has to be done.

5. Use My Gym Membership.

6. Join A Gospel Choir. Don't laugh I'm serious!!!!!!!!

7. Learn Some Mandarin. Yep, as in the language.

8. Get My Baking Degree. This actually probably can't be done if I'm going to travel, etc as the course is several thousand dollars. But one of my goals in life is to do a stint in a bakery someday. So I'll put it in as a tentative resolution.

9. Enter A Karaoke Contest.

10. Go To My High School Reunion. It just has to be done.

11. Keep In Touch. I could always be better about keeping in contact with the people I care about. I'm really going to try!

12. Volunteer. I've been putting this one off forever. I really like Make A Wish, even did the training but never went through with it. Gotta be the change I want to see in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment