Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday Dullday

Ahh, the frustrations of contract work. Today, I find myself with an unexpected day of leisure due to a backlog in document production. In my apartment at a time I am normally at work, I have learned the neighbor upstairs enjoys frantic morning sex on a box spring. I like to call this jackhammer sex, for obvious reasons. Also, why are so many of my neighbors here at this time? Living in a building constructed in the 1920s, the walls separating me from my co-tenants are a mere formality. I hear pretty much everything. Perhaps they are still on vacation or are unemployed. Or they're among those fabulous gay men in West Hollywood who brunch at Basix, never seem to work, have perfect bodies, and can be seen walking about in groups of three in perfect trendy outfits, a well-coiffed Pomeranian trotting at their side.

I guess I should take advantage of this idle time. Laundry, returns at various retail establishments, the gym, post office, and so forth. I dislike free days simply for the fact that I am free to do a million errands I haven't the time for when working. There's the truth.

Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment